Thursday, July 7, 2011

Baked Cod Pipérade

My dad gave me a used copy of Fresh From France a few years ago. Most of the recipes take a lot of work so we don't cook from it that often, but when we do every meal turns out both interesting and tasty. Tonight we walked over to the fish market and the veggie market and picked up the ingredients to try this one which sounded good. I'm a big fan of cooking things in spicy tomato sauce (there's an egg recipe that I love where you mix the egg whites into a spicy tomato sauce and then carefully cook just the yolks on top).

This one wasn't too hard:
Cooked onions, hot pepper, red peppers, and tomatoes for about an hour to make a thick sauce:


Put a layer of the sauce on a baking pan, and put the cod on top:


Added another layer to cover Mr. Fish up in his nice cozy bed, and baked him for 15 minutes in the oven at 425. The end result is perfectly done fish, with a spicy tomato/pepper sauce:


Thinking about it I might try the same sauce and cooking method with proteins other than fish, as I think it would work with just about anything you wanted to keep flavorful and moist.

No comments:

Post a Comment